Do you have the skills to support farmers as they transition to become Bee Friendly Farming® CERTIFIED? We’re looking for someone who is experienced in undertaking farm field work in production agriculture to join our team. This is a casual position requiring about 1 day per week working from home.
Key Responsibilities for this role are to:
Activity 1 Review and Assess Bee Friendly Farming CERTIFIED Applications and where necessary:
- Liaise with applicants and seek clarification about their applications
- Liaise with Bee Friendly Taskforce staff in Australia and USA
- Refer technical queries to the Australian Scientific Taskforce for their review/determination
Activity 2 Provide technical support to land managers.
- Identify landholder goals and aspirations in relation to BFF
- Explain BFF guidelines and standards
- Support landholders by providing technical advice relating to (for example)
- Planting options to achieve the minimum 3% floral resource
- Habitat creation, restoration and management
- Integrated Pest Management
- Measuring success
Activity 3. Manage the Bee Friendly Farming database and records
- File records systematically, confidentially and in a timely manner
- Comply with data management best practices to ensure the security and integrity of the data is maintained
To request a full position description email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5pm Fri. 27th August.